Saturday, November 22, 2008

November Hunts

So I've been out to all different stands 5 times since the rut started about Nov. 10. It's such a gamble because your chances are really good at getting your deer because during the rut the deer are on the move...big time; but to your disadvantage they are completely unpredictable. This means they aren't taking their regular trails, they aren't following their normal patterns and they can wander miles from their normal feeding and bedding areas. I've had no luck at all and neither has my husband. I thought for sure I'd snag one this month but it hasn't happened. In fact, oddly enough, we haven't even seen so much as a squirrel. Such a bummer. However, thanksgiving week will be the peak of the rut so maybe I'll get one next week. Until then...happy hunting!

No comments: