Sunday, November 2, 2008

November 1st Hunt

About 10 more days until the rut. I can't wait; I'm tired of seeing doe. I still have not gotten a shot at anything. I could have had about 4 doe by now...but that's not what I want. I went out last night at 4:30 and it was 80 degrees, no wind. Jason moved the stand on me so I walked about a 1/4 mile in the wrong direction. Woops, guess he forgot to tell me that. Once I got to the stand I fought off another wasp. I also ate a couple spider webs. Once I got up and got settled, the only activity I had for awhile were squirrels and 2 racoons. And then...something very large and solid fell into the river. I'll never know what it was, an enormous toad I suppose? All I know, is that it scared the pee out of me when whatever it was went "kerplunk." On this particular night there were alot of gun shots being fired not too far away. Other hunters on another property or the land owner just fooling around I do not know...but I think it messed up my evening. I did see one doe, a very young one and she didn't stick around very long. My evening ended with a massive bite I got on my wrist. It swelled up to the size of a golfball. My whole arm is bruised and very tender to the touch. I'm super ready for colder weather; ready for things to go dormant. I don't remember it being like this in November, ever.
Anyhow, I came down about 7:15 and on the way back on the four-wheeler I scared up a pheasant and about shared a face plant with each other. Even though I haven't shot anything yet, it's definitely never a boring time!

No comments: